The PMS Pantry is a community pantry that will be fully stocked with free menstruation products. DONATE HERE
- Roughly half of the female population (around 26 percent of the global population) are of reproductive age.
- Most women menstruate each month for about two to seven days.
- On average a woman menstruates for about 10 years during their lifetime.
- Poor menstrual hygiene can pose physical health risks and has been linked to reproductive and urinary tract infections.
- Many girls and women have limited options for affordable menstrual materials.
- Women with disabilities and special needs face additional challenges with menstrual hygiene and are affected disproportionately with lack of access to materials to manage their period.
Scotland recently became the 1st country to make period products free. Until that is a universal change everywhere, the only solution is to support each other.
The PMS Pantry will be a free stocked pantry in lower income neighborhoods that is stocked with items like:
- Reusable pads
I will turn one of these lovely newspaper stands into the pantry. The top will be for taking what you need, and the bottom will be for donations.
Menstruation poverty is a fundamental issue of human rights, dignity, and public health. We can afford to keep it stocked through the sale of Moja PMS Cocoa, where 10% of the proceeds will be donated.
Would you consider making a pledgeof just $3.00? The goal of this is to raise $1000. Each pantry is $450 and our plan is to have at least two. Stocking it with all the supplies is $150 each.
Thank you unconditionally for joining me on this journey and for your support of this cause.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!